Enter your search terms:.
Originally named Asher Ginzberg, he adopted his pen name when he published his first and highly controversial essay, The Wrong Way , in which he criticized those who sought immediate settlement in Palestine, advocating instead Jewish cultural education as the basis for building a strong people for later settlement. After a traditional Hasidic upbringing, he acquired a broad secular education studying philosophy and literature in five languages Russian, German, French, English, and Latin.
He developed a strong rationalist attitude and rejected first Hasidism and then religion itself; he believed the chief obligation of Jewish life to be the fulfillment of the ethical demands of the Old Testament prophets. He did not view the imminent creation of a Jewish state in Palestine to be the most important goal of the Zionist movement; he saw Palestine as the spiritual center for a cultural and spiritual revival of the Jewish people.
- Achad Haam (Echad Haam, Ahad Haam, Asher Ginsberg) - Zionism and Israel - Biographies!
- Ahad Ha-Am Asher Ginzberg: A Biography!
- Elusive Prophet: Ahad Ha'am and the Origins of Zionism | Department of History.
- Large Energy Storage Systems Handbook.
As editor of the journal Ha'shiloah — he was influential in developing the modern Hebrew literary style. Please review the types of cookies we use below.
Ahad Ha’Am At Last - eJewish Philanthropy
These cookies allow you to explore OverDrive services and use our core features. Without these cookies, we can't provide services to you.
These cookies allow us to monitor OverDrive's performance and reliability. They alert us when OverDrive services are not working as expected.
- Ahad Haam Facts.
- Discrete Fourier Analysis.
- Ahad Ha’Am At Last.
- Teaching and Learning Geometry: Issues And Methods In Mathematical Education.
- Evolutionary Computing: AISB Workshop Leeds, U.K., April 11–13, 1994 Selected Papers.
- On Truth And Lie In A Nonmoral Sense.
- Public Policy and Economic Competition in Japan: Change and Continuity in Antimonopoly Policy, 1973-1995 (Nissan Institute Routledge Japanese Studies Series)!
- Dragon Rising: An Inside Look at China Today!
- The Science of Opportunity: Being in the Right Place at the Right Time;
- Ahad Ha-am, Asher Ginzberg: A Biography - Leon Simon - Google книги.
Without these cookies, we won't know if you have any performance-related issues that we may be able to address. These cookies help us understand user behavior within our services. For example, they let us know which features and sections are most popular.